You are here

Change of Contact Information

  • If an attorney has pending cases before this court, a Notice of Change of Address/Information should be filed in each of the pending case(s). 
  • If an attorney does not have pending case(s) before this court, to change your contact information, such as your name, firm name, address or telephone number, please update your information with your state bar first, then send this court an e-mail or letter indicating your bar number and containing both your new and old contact information. E-mail should be sent to or a letter addressed to:
U.S. District Court
Attn: Attorney Maintenance
204 S. Main St.
South Bend, IN 46601
NOTEIf you change law firms, you should change your primary e-mail address before you depart to one that you can access after you depart. This is necessary to reset your password and perform any future maintenance on your account in ECF, including the addition of secondary e-mail addresses at your new firm. 
  • If an attorney only needs to change an email address (primary and/or secondary), follow the steps below:
  1. Log into the ECF system.
  2. Click on the "Utilities" menu option.
  3. Click on the "Maintain Your E-mail" menu option.
  4. Select the e-mail address you wish to change and type the new e-mail address in the e-mail address window under Configuration Options.
  5. Click "Submit All Changes."
  6. Click "Submit." A confirmation message will appear on the screen that the e-mail preferences were successfully updated.
  • If the name of the firm has changed, on firm letterhead list all attorneys associated with the firm and attach the list to an e-mail directed to Each attorney is responsible for changing his/her e-mail address (primary and secondary), as needed. 


Additional questions? Please contact the Attorney Admission Clerk at 574-246-8045.