- How will I know if I have an upgraded PACER account?
Upgraded PACER Accounts have usernames that are at least eight (8) characters. If your username is six (6) characters, you do not have an upgraded account. Go to pacer.uscourts.gov and click on Manage My Account to upgrade your PACER account.
- What happens to my CM/ECF account after the court transitions to NextGen?
Once the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana has transitioned to NextGen on November 8, 2021, you must link your current CM/ECF account to your PACER account. After the accounts are linked you will no longer use your CM/ECF username or password.
- My law firm uses a shared PACER account. Can we continue to use that account?
No. Each attorney must have an individual PACER account to use for electronic filing in NextGen. The law firm can create a PACER Administrative Account (PAA) to manage the billing for all of the individual accounts. Staff members who share a PACER account only for research can continue to share.
- I have already linked my account when another court moved to Next Gen. Will I have to link my account again?
Yes, you must link your PACER account to your Indiana Northern District Court CM/ECF account before you can file in the Indiana Northern District Court. You will need to link your PACER account to each court that you practice in.
- I am a CJA attorney and I currently have two PACER accounts. Will I continue to need two accounts with NextGen?
CJA Attorneys will only need one PACER account for filing and viewing in NextGen CM/ECF. If you have a separate exempt CJA account now, those exempt privileges will be added to your individual upgraded PACER account and your current exempt account will be canceled.
- More questions about your PACER account or need help?
Go to pacer.uscourts.gov/help, call the PACER Service Center at 800.676.6856 or contact via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Court contact: email@example.com